Thursday, December 8, 2016

My book has been published!







At last, it is here! My book has been published! And guess what... Surprise! It contains absolutely nothing about wrestling!

The book is a collection of poems about life, love, and “other stuff.” Each of the poems I chose to include in this book, with one exception, are written about things or situations I have either experienced personally, or were inspired by things others close to me experienced. It is my hope that those who read this book can identify with some or all of the subject matter, and the feelings and emotions I have tried to express.

The book is available at Amazon.com/books. Just type Randall L. Boyd in the search bar and you're there.

OR

If you purchase it from me, I will sell it at the discounted price of $8.99, which is a buck less than on Amazon. Shipping/handling is $3.99, making total price $12.98. I will also autograph it for you if you wish. Email me at randyboyd38804@yahoo.com for ordering instructions.

And thank you!

PREVIEW:




I CAN'T QUIT NOW!

I once thought I was invincible,
that nothing could ever stop me.
I once thought I was king of the world,
and nobody could ever top me.
I once thought I was immortal,
that I would live forever.
I thought I had it all figured out,
I was bright, and smart, and clever.
And now I find those thoughts of mine
are growing rather cold.
No matter how hard I resist, my friends,
I'm really getting old.
No longer am I invincible,
I'm smarter than that now.
I will never be king of the world,
I figured that out somehow.
Immortality has eluded me,
there's nothing I can do.
All the things I had figured out,
I mostly figured wrong, too.
When I look back upon my youth,
the mistakes of my past,
It's hard for me to understand
how I made it this far, this fast.
But I'm not finished yet, my friend,
I have more races to run.
No, I can't quit running now,
'cause I'm still havin' fun!

Randall L. Boyd, August 1, 2003

No comments: