Friday, January 16, 2015

Idle thoughts on a Friday Afternoon

Well, I will be taking the weekend off from the wonderful world or Independent Pro Wrestling. I just need for a small break from everything due to an extremely busy and frustrating two weeks on my non-wrestling career. Not that everyone needs to know what I am up too, but it is giving me a little time to reflect on what I have been able to accomplish, being part of Wrestling News Center over the last year.


I have gotten to cover weekly events at UCW, five major "Memphis Wrestling" events, a "Death Match" Event, a major charity event for St. Jude, and few other spot shows along the way. I have gotten to meet heroes from my youth, Jerry "The King" Lawler, "Superstar" Bill Dundee, "Handsome" Jimmy Valiant, Wolfie D, Koko B Ware, XPac, Harley Race, and Scott Steiner. I have had a run in or two with the despicable, "Hollywood" Jimmy Blaylock, and Nate "The Rat". I have made long lasting friendships with guys, ( you all know who you are) who should and could be big stars in this business, if the territories still existed. I have covered the match of the year, and so many more contenders for that title. If it was not for the WNC I would have never been able to be involved in these events or this business for the second time in my life.


I truly enjoy going to the events. I get to watch others perform and see how they pour their hearts  into their sport. I get to capture pieces of their matches that get to be frozen in time as long as the picture exists. I get to help promote the men and women of this business so that they can be recognized by others and appreciated in other areas of the country and world. I am by no means a worker, but I do work hard to make the workers look good. The Wrestling News Center is viewed by so many people, not just the Mid-South, but the world. This even includes agents from WWE, TNA and other name recognized organizations. If by chance just one person that I cover can go on to live their dream in this sport due to WNC exposure, then not only I, but the site itself, have accomplished our goal. To bring you, the fan the best of this sport in the Mid-South and the world.


Like I said, not that my opinion matters, but in my opinion, I have one of the best gigs in the Mid-South. WNC contributor, photographer.

To all out their giving themselves to the business, safe travels and soft landings.

Derrick O'Dell



No comments: