Monday, December 29, 2014

Memphis Wrestling Legend Al Green (Albert Denny) Passes Away




Jerry Jarrett posted this today

I just got a call that Albert Denny who wrestled as Al Green died Saturday at his home in Mt. Juliet, Tn. Al was one of my very best friends in the wrestling business and we have stayed close in the years after wrestling was past. I'll be forever indebted to Al because he helped me in my promotion efforts in the early days. Al invested his money wisely, yet never forgot where he came from. Hardly a month went by that I didn't hear that gravely voice on the phone as we talked about days gone by. He never said bye without telling me he loved me.
Visitation will be from 4:00PM to 8:00PM tomorrow, at Sellars Funeral Home in Mt. Juliet. The address is 2250 North Mt. Juliet Road in Mt. Juliet, Tn. The funeral service will be Wednesday at 1:00PM.

No comments: