Monday, April 23, 2012

Recommended MLW matches


A couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure and privilege of spending some time at the MLW taping in Memphis. I had a great time and saw some very good matches. MLW is a great organization, and they bring in the best of the best for their monthly tapings. If you are a fan of ladies wrestling, go to www.mlwonline and download some matches. There are hundreds to choose from. Based on what I saw, I recommend the following:

Match #700, Marti Belle vs. Melanie Cruise
This was a rather unusual match - a submission match, no referee, just two gals going at it until one or the other had enough and gave up. Melanie Cruise is a veteran and former MLW Champion, and is as rough as they come. I had not seen Marti Belle in action before, but I was impressed. A very good match.

Match #703, Nikki St. John vs. Marti Belle
This was a two out of three falls match, and a good match it was. I enjoyed it. You will too.

Match #714, Nikki St. John vs. Claudia Del Solis
Nikki St. John impressed me when I was at MLW last year, and she impressed me again this time around. She is just plain mean, and it showed in this match. Claudia Del Solis is a seasoned ring veteran, and in my opinion one of the best female wrestling stars around. Very good match.

Match #715, Lil Bit vs. Aida Marie
I am crazy about Lil Bit - she has been one of my favorites for several years. I have followed her career since she started in wrestling, and she has come a long, long way. She is the reigning MLW Light Heavyweight Champion, but since winning the title her attitude has really changed - for the worse. Still, she is one heck of a competitor. Aida Marie came to MLW last year, and I was immediately impressed with her attitude, love for pro wrestling, and her desire to learn, excel, and succeed. She came back to MLW this time all the way from New York to challenge Lil Bit for the belt, but Lil Bit refused to put the title on the line. She said the only way Aida would get a title shot is if she won a non-title match. I will not tell you who wins this one, but I will say I liked the match. Oh, I will also say it was won with a body scissor DDT. I don't think I have ever seen one of those before. Good job by both of these ladies.

Match #721, Barbi Hayden & Ken Parson vs. Angel Blue
This is an inter-gender 2 on 1 handicap match. Barbi Hayden, current MLW Champion, is as gorgeous as they come, and is an excellent wrestler. She is also about as mean as they come and loves to inflict pain. I had never seen Angel Blue in action before, but I can say she is a fighter and a good wrestler. I am not sure what transpired previously between Barbi Hayden & Angel Blue, but there was some bad blood there - at least on Barbi's part. She had apparently pulled some strings and arranged for Ken Parson to be her partner in a 2 on 1 handicap match. Now, I am not going to say any more, except to say if you want to see one heck of a beat down, this is the match for you to order.

MLW's site is located at www.mlwonline.com. As I stated previously, there are hundreds of great matches to choose from, plus information about MLW stars, future tapings, etc. Check it out, you'll be glad you did!





No comments: