Sunday, March 28, 2010

Youngest Graduate of Boogie’s Pro Wrestling Camp


Big Josh Valen is 6'1" 274 pound working professional wrestler. Did I mention He's only 14 years old? Josh was 8 when he went to his first live wrestling show and said he was hooked. When Josh was 10 he met WWE Hall of Famer Jimmy Valiant at a legends show. Josh asked him how old he had to be to train at his camp in Shawsville, VA. He said, "Woo Mercy Daddy you are a big boy! I can train you now." One month after his 11th birthday Josh walked thru that camp door for the first time. Josh said "It was a slow and painful learning experience for me. But, I refused to give up." This business is 90% heart. Finally, after two years of determination and fortitude it all paid off. At the age of 13 he wrestled his first professional match, in the rain, at an outdoor show in Vale, NC. Josh said "I have wrestled two to three weekends a month ever since for various promotions." WWE Hall of Famer himself, Jimmy "The Boogie Woogie Man" Valiant has told Josh he's going to make me the youngest trainer ever at his camp when I turn 16. When Big Josh Valen comes to your town he is gonna tear the arena down.

No comments: