Monday, March 22, 2010
Results From TNA's Destination X PPV
- X Division Ladder Match: Kazarian defeated Amazing Red, Daniels and Brian Kendrick to become the new #1 contender to the X Division Championship. In the end, Kazarian fought off both Daniels and Kendrick from the ladder before grabbing the contract for the win.
- Knockouts Title Match: Tara retained and defeated Daffney after hitting her with the Widow's Peak finisher. After the bout, Daffney left with Tara's pet tarantula, Poison
- Global Title Match: Rob Terry retained and quickly defeated Magnus after a wheel kick and a chokeslam for the win
- Ultimate X Match: The Motor City Machineguns defeated Generation Me in an an amazing, daredevil match to become the new #1 contenders to the TNA World Tag Team Title when Chris Sabin was able to come down with the giant red X!
- Scott Hall and Sean Waltman defeated Kevin Nash and Eric Young when Nash turned on Young and hit him with a Powerbomb, allowing Hall and Waltman to get the easy win. As a result, Hall and Waltman get their contracts with TNA Wrestling. After the bout, Hall and Waltman spraypainted Young on the mat, leaving his outline in the ring.
- X Title Match: Doug Williams retained by beating Shannon Moore. Shannon matched Williams move-for-move in the bout, even hitting a moonsault late to get the advantage. However, Williams got the win after smashing Moore in the face with some kind of brick, once again taking the easy way out to retain the gold.
- World Tag Team Title Match: Hernandez and Matt Morgan retained by defeating Beer Money, after Hernandez pinned Storm. Morgan was not happy with his tag team partner throughout the match. After the bout, Morgan attacked Hernandez, hit him with the Carbon Footprint, then left with both titles!
- Kurt Angle defeated Mr. Anderson in a brutal and violent match! In the end, Angle used his Warrior's Medal on Anderson, bloodying the TNA newcomer with it. Angle then slapped the Ankle Lock submission on the bloodied Anderson, who tapped out after failing to break the hold. After the bout, Anderson told Angle he had to resort to underhanded tactics to get the win and that he wasn't a real American after all.
- In a wild and chaotic bout, the TNA World Heavyweight Championship match between AJ Styles and Abyss was thrown out due to the ring being damaged after Abyss chokeslammed AJ through the mat! During the bout, Ric Flair interfered on behalf of Styles - leading to Hulk Hogan coming out with Earl Hebner to enforce law and order. This allowed Abyss to regain the upper hand and hit the chokeslam, which broke the ring due to the amount of force. After the bout was thrown out, Hulk tried to award the World Title to Abyss, but Hebner took it away - leading to more brawling between Hogan, Abyss, Flair, AJ Styles and Desmond Wolfe! What will be the fallout from this controversial ending? Tune into Monday's live "iMPACT!" to find out!