Wednesday, March 25, 2009

J.J. Dillon To Wrestle Again


J.J. Dillon will come out of retirement to don the tights to headline "Deaf Wrestlefest 2009" on Sunday, May 3rd, at 6 p.m., at the Western Pennsylvania School for the Deaf, 300 East Swissvale Avenue, in Pittsburgh. In a press release, Dillon said: "My first sanctioned single match was with Killer Kowalski at the Channel 11 Studio in Pittsburgh (TV match) on December 7, 1968. I returned to the area working most of 1970 in Western Pennsylvania, Eastern Ohio and West Virginia. My last match was in a Battle Royal in Kansas City on January 21, 1989. I have managed Tully Blanchard a few times in recent years, and I believe there was one time five or six years ago that I was in a six-man tag match with Tully and Terry Funk in Tennessee. However, I consider my official retirement in Kansas City in 1989. So, twenty years later I am coming out of retirement for your show. I look forward to your show in May." For tickets, contact: naw75lins@yahoo.com

Credit: Slam! Wrestling

No comments: